July 25, 2014
In today’s SideChat Richie, Kyle and Ken sit down to discuss the future of Star Wars land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. They start with the leaked Dubai Disneyland plans, then talk about Disney California Adventure and Avatar. After that they talk about what Disney learned from Potter that they will use in Star Wars land. The conversation ends with true confessions surrounding Disney attraction merchandise.
Know someone who works in or is interested in Central Florida hospitality? Make sure to recommend the show.
- Opening Song
- Dubai Disneyland Plans
- Kyle Recommends- Disney and More’s article on Star Wars at Disney California Adventure
- Disney and More article on Star Wars overall
- D&M article on Star Wars at DLP
- Ken (with major rain outside of his window)- “I wouldn’t be surprised to see Star Tours in the final Star Wars plans [for DHS]”
- Kyle- “If you want to want to ride Star Tours go to SeaWorld and ride Wild Artic”
- Richie Recommends- The Marvel Experience | Details
- Then Richie gets lost in his own argument
- Richie- “Star Wars [Land] will be very abstract.” Compares it to Avatar in abstract design.
- Ken- “The big issue with Disney right now is it takes too long to get something done.”
- Kyle- “Disney is asking for your whole vacation, 5 to 7 days. Universal is asking for 2 to 3.”
- Richie Recommends – Ken’s article on the future of Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Ken- “Universal Fans, you guys need to chill out. You talk about Disney fans but you’re getting much worst…You’re giving the Southern California fans a good run for their money.”
- Kyle- “Guess what, the giant [being Disney] has awoken and it’s looking at Central Florida.”
- Merchandise inspired by attractions at Disney, Ken notes the Tiki room merchandise
- Tiki Room Gets No Love -> Touring Plans | WDWMagic | DisBoards
- Richie Recommends- Adventureland Tiki Room Glass cups
- Closing Song
July 22, 2014
In this week’s episode the guys cover I-Drive 360, covering all of what has been said about this long-planned development anchored by The Orlando Eye observation wheel. After talking about the new skeletons museum that was recently announced the crew get into the other attractions for the complex. Mango’s, the pedestrian bridge over Sand Lake Road, some chatter about McDonald’s are included. Then the crew talks about Skyscraper at Skyplex, the new Polercoaster complex proposed for I-Drive.
- Intro Song
- Follow the name changes: I-Drive Live -> The Orlando Eye complex -> I-Drive 360
July 17, 2014
In today’s SideChat (Episode SC4) the OTR crew is joined by Matt and Justin from Florida Thrill Parks. Post-Kong UOR is discussed with Florida Thrill Park’s announcing a project number. The FTP guys then discuss their thoughts on Jurassic Park/World, Seuss Landing, Kids Zone and the future of Dragon Challenge.
Bob from Pixels at the Parks
- Project 340 – #Kongstruction
- Florida Thrill Parks revel Project 533
July 15, 2014
On today’s show Ken, Kyle and Richie discuss the future of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Frozen Summer Fun, former dance party success stories and Pixar. The guys close out the podcast with a discussion on the future of ESPN Wide World of Sports.
July 6, 2014
With Diagon Alley officially opening in less than 48 hours these next couple of days will be hard for all of us Potter fans. We got two of the biggest local names in hospitality journalism together to share their experiences from the media preview of Diagon Alley and Hogwarts Express. Seth Kubersky of Orlando Weekly and Touring Plans plus Banks Lee of Attractions Magazine joined us for an in-depth discussion into their experiences at Universal’s recent media event.