July 21, 2015
Ep 37 – Low Ratings With Josh Gonzales
Josh Gonzales stops by today to share what he found while exploring TripAdvisor. We talk about restaurant ratings, off beat theme parks and Jake loses his gum. The Citrus Tower, Yalaha, Hot Krust, Artegon and Mythos are all mentioned in some detail. Ken has his usual random facts including some actually interesting ones for a change. The Punch List is Disney heavy with mentions of Prince Harry, Houlihan’s and a major identity theft ring busted in Orlando. Your credit card might’ve been stolen last time you visited Orlando but today’s show will at least make smile (or cry, or at least sigh heavily).
Recording Dates – Main Event – July 17, 2015 | The Punch List – July 21, 2015
The Punch List
- TripAdvisor Top Theme Parks in the World– IOA #1, Discovery Cove #2, MK #3, USH #4, DHS #5, USF #6
- New details emerge about the Tacky Tourist McDonald’s. Grand opening Feb 2016, current one will close around the end of December
- Prince Harry’s Invictus Games coming to WWOS May 8-12. The only international adaptive sporting event for active and veteran service members
- Nik Patel hotel auction going on right now. Ends Wednesday morning.
- Last remaining Houlihan’s in Florida closing July 26. It’s in Colonial Plaza on Hwy 50 near Downtown. It’ll become an Ale House.
- Gaylord Palms unveils details on its Christmas offerings.
- Major identity theft ring busted at Preferred Guest Resorts. At least 1,855 victims identified.
- WWII bomb found, exploded on St Pete beach.
- Walmart proposed for 192 just off Disney property.
- Shanghai Disneyland details released. First impressions? Anything there that we might see in Orlando? (Ken’s Tomorrowland comparison article)
- SW Launch Bay from Shanghai might come to DHS? Screamscape and other sources are reporting it. Didn’t Jim Hill mention this coming to Innoventions awhile back?
- Radio Harambe reporting that a SW themed Blue Sky Cellar might be coming to the SW meet and greet going into the old Animation Courtyard. Kevin Crossman joined the guys on the last episode and mentioned it.
- Rumors of work in Frontierland, part of the $3 Billion WDW updating. Could this be the long proposed boardwalk between BTM and HM? That would close the Rivers of America but open the possibility of new attractions on Tom Sawyer Island. 416 ft from old TSI raft loading dock/smoking area to HM dock.
- D23 details announced. George Lucas, Susan Lucci named Disney Legends. Parks gets 90 min presentation.
The Main Event
3042 Ranked Restaurants
2 Hot Krust Panini Kitchen (Turkey Lake)
5 The Melting Pot (Sand Lake)
10 The Cheesecake Factory (Conroy Rd)
14 Fishbones (Sand Lake)
15 Olive Garden (I Drive)
16 Longhorn Steakhouse (Vineland Ave)
31 Red Lobster (I Drive)
64 California Grill
14 Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe
82 Holy Land Experience
166 Greenwood Cemetery
206 Festival Bay Mall/Artegon
Josh Gonz Recommends- Cowfish milkshakes, Bread Box.
Ken was wrong. Bill Whitaker founded Press 101. Hot Krust has Evan Dimov at Title Manger and Biff Godfret as Reg Agent listed
Ken Recommends- The Chicken Alfredo at the Sand Lake Road McDonald’s
Ken Recommends- Reptile World Serpentarium
Ken Recommends- Save Pleasure Island blog
Ken Recommends- Following Orlando Cemetery on Twitter
Jake Recommends- Roadside America
Ken Recommends- UCM Museum/Abita Mystery House
Ken then goes off how we should all sleep during the day…
This entry was posted in Podcast and tagged in Ale House, Artegon, Attractions, Boardwalk, Citrus Tower, CityWalk, Discovery Cove, Disney, Disney Quest, Downtown Disney, Epcot, Frontierland, Greenwood, Gum in bed, Harry Potter, Hot Krust, Houlihans, Idrive, IOA, Jim Hill, Josh Gonz, MCO, Ocala Woods, OIA, Orlando, Orlando Tourism Report, OTR, podcast, Prince Harry, Rankings, Ratings, Roadside, Screamscape, SEAS, Tacos, Tammy Faye, The Holy Land Experience, Things To Do, tourism, tourist, TripAdvisor, Twitter, Umatilla, Universal, UOR, WDW, Yalaha.
Ken Storey has been blogging about life in Central Florida for the past 12 years. As a 2nd generation Central Floridian he has a passion for and connection with the region. In his spare time he enjoys visiting low budget roadside attractions, Taco Bell, and typically plans road trips with as little interstate time as possible.View more posts from this author