September 29, 2015
Ep 47 – Look Who’s Talking
On today’s show we go way off topic when Robert from Mickey Updates joins us. It’s a packed show with hot takes, new insights and plenty of news regarding local tourism. During The Punch List Jay, Jake, Brian and Ken talk about the huge news coming out of Port Canaveral, what the tragedy in Seattle means for the future of duck tours, the odd move for Night of Joy, plus what a petition might’ve just helped bring back to WDW. It’s a big show but stick around for a big announcement at the end.
- Events and Disney Correspondents-Lissaand Nicki
- Online Trends Correspondent-Jake of Orlando Park Pass
- Hotel Correspondent-Kyle
- Touring Shows and Media Correspondent- Richie
- Guest – Robert of Mickey Updates
Recording Dates: Main Event- 9-27-15 | Punch List- 9-28-15
The Punch List
- Port Canaveral- CEO resigns, entertainment district moves ahead
- Side Reference to Boehner’s resignation- Dan Webster seems interested in the job
- Ride The Ducks accident in Seattle. Is enough being done to ensure tourists are safe? How long did it take to get parasailing regulations here?
- Disney Dining Buddy shuts down, DIS Dining Agent shifts website to ‘coming soon.’ John Kivus on Ropedrop.net asks- Is this the end of third party dining reservation sites?
- Night of Joy moves to Wide World of Sports
- Downtown Disney is now Disney Springs. Neverland Tunnels.
- Epcot’s Food & Wine gets gift card bracelets. Why not Magicbands? Why two options?
- Flik returns to DAK (but only during a character meal)
- Peco Bill’s goes Mexican.
- Season of the Force dates go out on the AP site (honest accident or on purpose leak?)
- Dania Beach’s Hurricane gets a demo date (Spring 2016)
- TopGolf plans new attraction on Universal Blvd (property owned by Orlando Equity Partners)
- OCCC unveils 20 year growth plan
- Expedia announces retail centers in Kissimmee, Orlando
- Hilton investigating possible credit card breach at numerous US properties
- TWDC announces new independent director on the board
-News We Skipped-
- Georgia Aquarium loses bid to import belugas
- SunRail Southern leg gets full funding, now the focus is on the OIA connector
- Comcast buys 51% of USJ, Richard Bilbao thinks it could mean more/better investment in Orlando
- UCF’s Knight Library was rated the #1 college bar in the nation
- Fort Lauderdale’s Mai-Kai Tiki Bar named #1 tiki bar in the world
- The Paris Review’s exposé on Mick Jagger’s 1965 summer at a hotel in Clearwater where he wrote Satisfaction. Via Orlando Weekly.
- Passport to Dream’s Contemporary Resort posts following the resort from 1971-today.
The Main Event
- Nile Ethiopian Restaurant
- Great Escape Room
- Pixels at the Parks tours Mangos
- Perkins at Skyscraper at Skyplex
- George and the Dragon attack
- Bill Kitchen thrill rides (US Thrill Rides)
- Proposed Silver Screen Resort at UOR
- Ramada Michotel on Sandy Lake
- Ken thinks the Wet ‘N Wild resort being like the Lowes Hollywood
- Orl Park Pass- Shanghai Disneyland article