March 30, 2015
OTR Ep 27 – Skeletons and Presidents
On today’s extra long episode Ken and Kyle start off with huge news coming out of SeaWorld. Then Lissa joins in for rest of the Punch List. The wave of recent hotel announcements is covered along, yet more announced for Skyplex, the new bus-only lanes coming to I-Drive, and the latest on Miami’s megamall.
Then Mark Brisson, Executive Director of Skeletons: Animals Unveiled, calls in for a discussion on I-Drive 360, the future of the region and much more. The conversation focuses on safety, the future of the SLR-I-Drive intersection and what it takes to be successful in the most intense tourist district in the nation.
- Lissa of Magical Enchanted Vacations | Lissa’s introduction SideChat
- Special Guest- Mark Brisson of Skeletons: Animals Unveiled
- SEAS President Reactions Recorded – Mar 21
- The Punch List Recording – Mar 17
- Mark Brisson Interview – Mar 13
- New President is announced and he looks like the right choice.
- Is Bloomin’ Brands coming to SeaWorld?
- BGT releases a statement regarding its otters. #OtterGate isn’t mentioned in it.
Tourist District and Related News
- Planet Hollywood condo hotel coming to Lake Bryan/535
- 11 story condo hotel and retail project coming across from SWO
- DPPAC might get fancy hotel
- Hyatt Place at Church St proposed
- Patel hotels bought
- Skyfall at Skyplex announced at State of I-Drive
- The property that Chuck Whittall mentioned at State of I-Drive that he will be developing over next 5 years
- American Maglev confirms expansion plans beyond I-Drive
- BRT coming to I-Drive?
Outside of the region
Interview with Mark Brisson of Skeletons: Animals Unveiled
5 Take-Aways from the Interview
- Skeletons: Animals Unveiled is working with Boy and Girl Scouts to have badge programs at the museum
- They’re aiming for attendance in the 100K-400K range
- Special Events will be a central funding source for Skeletons: Animals Unveiled
- Mark predicts a day when parts of I-Drive will be pedestrian plazas
- He doesn’t seem to expect the Tourist Development Tax distribution plan to change anytime soon