July 22, 2014
OTR – Episode 7 – As the Wheel Turns
In this week’s episode the guys cover I-Drive 360, covering all of what has been said about this long-planned development anchored by The Orlando Eye observation wheel. After talking about the new skeletons museum that was recently announced the crew get into the other attractions for the complex. Mango’s, the pedestrian bridge over Sand Lake Road, some chatter about McDonald’s are included. Then the crew talks about Skyscraper at Skyplex, the new Polercoaster complex proposed for I-Drive.
- Intro Song
- Follow the name changes: I-Drive Live -> The Orlando Eye complex -> I-Drive 360
- Diagon Alley interactive skeleton
- Skeletons – A Museum of Osteology at I-Drive 360 Website | Facebook
- Titanic – The Experience moved to its current location in 2012.
- I-Drive 360 confirmed Titanic is no longer in the plans
- Ken makes an obscure reference towards The Insectarium in New Orleans.
- Richie doesn’t recommend – Blue Moon
- Then things get tense…
- I-Drive 360 announced $1.5 million water show set to music and color changing lights.
- Note- There is a second fountain behind the observation wheel overlooking
- Pixels at the Parks coverage of the Orlando Eye
- Ken’s old article on the Vegas style nightclub at I-Drive 360, did we lose a pool?
- Madam Tussad’s Orlando
- Sea Life Orlando Aquarium
- While ticket prices haven’t been confirmed Orlando Buzz is reporting they’ll be $35 (they also misstated the height of the wheel…). Bob later states he believes it will be in the $20-30 range.
- Orlando Eye private capsule rental tweet
- The 4D show will cover all of Florida
- Renderings actually show two 4D theaters. One for the Eye and one for Madam Tussad’s
- Planet Hollywood at I-Drive 360
- Former renderings of I-Drive 360 that feature the hotel towers
- Kyle Gary’s tweet of the current state of new I-Shops Walgreens
- Mango’s Orlando
- Local leaders speak out on the I-Drive/SLR pedestrian bridge
- The Universal Studios pedestrian bridge that the City of Orlando paid for
- Ken’s March 2013 article on the World’s Largest McDonald’s coming to I-Drive
- Skyscraper at Skyplex AKA the Polercoaster
- Ken and Bob state as of July 13 (the recording) they haven’t heard anything about Skyplex being cancelled.
- “It matters if it’s the world’s tallest because if it’s not the world’s tallest it’s just another tacky attraction.” –Ken in regards to Skyplex
- Urban Planet message board discussion Orange County height restrictions and recommendations
- Pixels at the Parks coverage of Falcons Fury
- Renderings show the Burger King will be moving to where the 7-11 is now located
- Renderings of Skyplex. Slides 7 and 15 show the coaster entering and exiting the buildings
- Body Worlds vs Bodies…The Exhibition issues
- Ken Recommends- Red Robin
- Dick’s Last Resort at Lake Buena Vista
- Pixels at the Parks aerial video of The Orlando Eye
- Orlando Sentinel posted pics from Orlando Eye height
- Closing Song