July 25, 2014
OTR – SideChat 5 – In A SideChat Far Far Away
In today’s SideChat Richie, Kyle and Ken sit down to discuss the future of Star Wars land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. They start with the leaked Dubai Disneyland plans, then talk about Disney California Adventure and Avatar. After that they talk about what Disney learned from Potter that they will use in Star Wars land. The conversation ends with true confessions surrounding Disney attraction merchandise.
Know someone who works in or is interested in Central Florida hospitality? Make sure to recommend the show.
- Opening Song
- Dubai Disneyland Plans
- Kyle Recommends- Disney and More’s article on Star Wars at Disney California Adventure
- Disney and More article on Star Wars overall
- D&M article on Star Wars at DLP
- Ken (with major rain outside of his window)- “I wouldn’t be surprised to see Star Tours in the final Star Wars plans [for DHS]”
- Kyle- “If you want to want to ride Star Tours go to SeaWorld and ride Wild Artic”
- Richie Recommends- The Marvel Experience | Details
- Then Richie gets lost in his own argument
- Richie- “Star Wars [Land] will be very abstract.” Compares it to Avatar in abstract design.
- Ken- “The big issue with Disney right now is it takes too long to get something done.”
- Kyle- “Disney is asking for your whole vacation, 5 to 7 days. Universal is asking for 2 to 3.”
- Richie Recommends – Ken’s article on the future of Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Ken- “Universal Fans, you guys need to chill out. You talk about Disney fans but you’re getting much worst…You’re giving the Southern California fans a good run for their money.”
- Kyle- “Guess what, the giant [being Disney] has awoken and it’s looking at Central Florida.”
- Merchandise inspired by attractions at Disney, Ken notes the Tiki room merchandise
- Tiki Room Gets No Love -> Touring Plans | WDWMagic | DisBoards
- Richie Recommends- Adventureland Tiki Room Glass cups
- Closing Song