June 4, 2014
OTR – SideChat 1 – To Go Where No Ride Has Gone Before
With any conversation that features numerous people sometimes parts of the conversation don’t make the final cut for the show. Instead of forever losing those (hopefully) interesting tangents we decided to post smaller, bite size podcasts to keep you going between our larger episodes. Here is our first one. We wanted to call it random tangents but we also wanted to have at least a few of you listen to it so instead we went with the name SideChat. Hope you enjoy.
- Kyle leads a conversation on Star Trek coming (back) to Universal Studios, Godzilla and Nick get in on the action, then we ended it with hopes for some Japanese zombies moving in.
- Plans for Paramount Park in Murcia, Spain
- Plans for Paramount Park in Kent, UK Kent delegation visited Orlando to examine logistics
- Nick Hotel, originally part of Holiday Inn, now is independent and owned by Miller Global.
- Themed Reality’s excellent run through of every Star Trek attraction ever opened
- Wired article on Star Trek at USF (with videos)
- Richie Recommends: JJ Abrams TED Talk
- The Simpsons is at all-time low in the ratings
- Star Trek Into Darkness Box Office numbers
- Disney and More article on the Vegas plans for a Full-Size Enterprise
- Ken Recommends: Premiere Cinemas D-Box
- Godzilla train scene discussion on the Orlando United boards
- Godzilla promo in Toronto using subway cars
- Kyle Recommends: Jim Hill article on Hello Kitty replacing Godzilla at USJ
- Screamscape: lots of rumors but lots of ads too
- Ask Jim Hill Ep 22– Jim Hill mentions Epcot’s possible future hotel
- Jurassic World Scified fan site
- Kyle is excited about X-Men: Days of Future Past
- MPAA Report on Growth on Global Box Office
- Ken Recommends: Top 5 Replacements for Kids Zone
- TMNT at Nick Hotel
- Hollywood Reporter article on new Flintstones movie in the works
- House of Horrors at USH
- Resident Evil The Real at USJ (check out the gun shaped ice cubes and brain shaped food)
- Then Kyle gets bored and cuts off the discussion.