November 11, 2015
Ep 53 – Artegon Zombies and SEAS Prophets
With breaking news coming out of runDisney, SEAS and I-Drive today’s podcast includes Jake talking about the ending of HHN, Kevin Yee covers the history of upcharge events at WDW and a special podcast exclusive interview with Andy of Theme Parks and Travels talking SEAS. The FM content includes the latest from Premier Exhibits and from Artegon. The I-Drive Vision Plan is also discussed in length on today’s show.
FM Content ends at 00:45:00
- Ken Storey
- Robert of Mickey Updates
- Mr. Brian of Orlando Park Pass
- Online Trends Correspondent-Jake of Orlando Park Pass
- Hotel Correspondent-Kyle
- Show Researcher – Jay
- Show Historian – Kevin Yee
- Touring Shows and Media Correspondent- Richie
- Special Guest- Andy of Theme Parks & Travels
Recording Date: FM- 11-5-15 | Aftershow 11-9-15 | 11-10-15
- I-Drive Vision Plan. The BoC accepted the recommendations but made it clear that they are not adopting the recommendations. BCC Morning Session around the 01:20:00 mark.
- SEAS raises prices, unveils new logos for Cobras Curse & Mako, unveils plans for 2016.
- Twister closing
- Legendary Truth at HHN – Are these signs of the tech to come?
- Star Trek gets a new TV show, will an attraction come to Orlando?
- Crowne Plaza on Universal Blvd gets new management.
- Premier Exhibits buys Dinoking Tech. Will we see Dinoking exhibits in Orlando?
- Artegon announces the end of the cages, a new food court and new attractions
- Xero Gravity Sports Park land deal falls thru, new locations sought, but Kissimmee is very negative towards the project
- MargaritaVillage releases new details
- SunRail cancels late night train, adds mid-afternoon one
- New info on UCF’s proposed hotel
- Hunger Games, Fox announced new theme parks.
Trends Report with Jake of Orlando Park Pass
- HHN closing – huge crowds for final B&T
- Fear Factor Live is somehow, some reason going to reopen…
- Cell phone charging lockers installed near The Hulk at IOA
- Walls are up around former Lucy Tribute at USF, will be replaced with new Hello Kitty retail and M&G
- Walk The Moon concert taping for Nickelodeon HALO awards at UOR Nov 7. (Try to keep phrases that date it as minimal as possible)
- WDW’s former President, Meg Crofton (who retired earlier this year after a 35 yr career at Disney), was honored with a window on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom.
“Center for Leadership Development & Mentoring”
- DHS expands the area of the park that opens prior to the morning rope drop.
- Disney has registered StarWarsLiveInConcert.com, many (including some members of OTR) think this points to a new Feld Entertainment show
- CMs begin training for Star Wars Launch Bay, it should open within the next few weeks
- Sunset Blvd’s Sunset Ranch goes down for a small update; Fairfax Fare adds burgers in the meantime
- Hollywood & Dine goes character dining all the time with “Minnie’s Seasonal Dine”
Nov 7 – Jan 3, 2016: Minnie’s Holiday & Dine Dinner
Jan 4, 2016 – March 20, 2016: Hollywood themed
March 21 – June 5, 2016: A celebration of Spring
June 6 – September 11, 2016: A beach-party blast for the Summer
September 12 – November 6, 2016: Enjoy a festive Halloween celebration
- Victoria and Albert’s updates the menu (10 course available throughout), seating updated (one elongated seating per night), Chef’s Table to get major update starting in Jan.
- Speaking of food and beverage WDW rolled out new RapidFill cups this week that feature new art. It is $16.99 for the length of your stay.
- Disney shows a perfect cross-promotion with a new viral video that has the emotions from Inside Out watching the new Star Wars trailer. It’s like a Pixar version of Mystery Science Theater 3000